Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Subluxation listings, part 2






As shown in the above drawing, vertebrae may be challenged with touch response as well as with a directional challenge.  This incidentally makes it easy for the practitioner to test his own spine.  This is done with the Malcom leg check.  Lie face down and bring the heels to the buttocks.  Tension should be even right and left.  Now test a  vertebra and bend the knees again.  With a positive test one leg approximates the buttock more closely.

2 comments:

  1. 75 percent of people I do a Malcolm test on already exhibit unequal tension before doing anything. How does this effect your protocol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I myself don't use the Malcom test, just the leg check. With the patient prone I mark the legs near the heels so that the lines are even. This tells me if one leg shortens on my testing. So if the leg tension is uneven to begin with you could just use the leg check with the marks. This works even if the legs are uneven in length to begin with.

    ReplyDelete